I am collecting stories about how people got started using Linux.
Please share yours. if you send it to TClug I would like your permission to
use it on my blog.
http://www.ron-l-j.com/blog/

Here is My Beginning Linux story.
I have been into Linux for seven years now. I enjoy programming, setting up
servers, and a good challenge. It all started for me in Iraq of all places
when I was getting pissed at windows and I was sitting next to an HQ
programmer. We talked about computers, and he started teaching me about
Linux so I booted it up. I thought it was strange at the time but I kept the
disc. I went back to it a few times and in 2006 my xp laptop crashed. I
fixed the boot loader with an Ubuntu live disc. Then dual booted for a
while. It did not take long until I bought the Ubuntu unleashed book and got
interested in programming and servers. I would use Ubuntu and try out all
kinds of Linux. now I have over fifty Linux/Unix books. I am currently
working on PHP and Smarty templates along with Apache and Mysql.