Ryan Coleman cried from the depths of the abyss...

> I have a colleague that owns a coffee shop and he gives his customers Comcast's fastest internet (he's a really nice guy).
>
> But he's got some clients who leech him to share movies and TV shows and he's been getting between 10-30 letters per week from Comcast about these shares. He's spent many hundreds of dollars on wifi routers to try and filter without any luck.

I'm sure there is an open source way to do this, but your friend could
dump a little cash &  pickup a Cisco 800 series ISR router.  Many of the
800 series models have wireless.  Cisco has a cool thing called NBAR
(Network Based Application Recognition) that can block just about
anything.  The cool this is everything is in one device (firewall, NATing,
traffic management, etc).  I just picked up a 861 a few months back for
one of our offices (non-wireless model), and I like it alot.  The ones
that have built in wireless are not much more expensive.  I think I paid
about $300.00 or so.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9555/index.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/iosswrel/ps6537/ps6558/ps6616/product_bulletin_c25-627831.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps380/prod_models_comparison.html