From: tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org
[mailto:tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org] On Behalf Of Sunny
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2010 9:14 AM
To: TCLUG Mailing List
Subject: Re: [tclug-list] WANTED: unlocked GSM cell phone

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 11:22 PM, Jeff Nelson <stutterstutt at comcast.net>
wrote:
> I am looking for an unlocked GSM cell phone (Sprint, AT&T or T-Mobile).
> I plan to use it in India and Germany by purchasing a pay-as-you-go SIM
> card. That's why the phone has to be unlocked; it has to work on any
> carrier, not just Sprint/ATT/TMobile.
>
> I don't want to spend a lot so it doesn't have to be anything recent. It
> just has to be unlocked and work, the battery needs to hold a charge for
> the day, and it needs to come with a wall or USB charger.
>
> If you have an old phone lying around that you're not using, please get
> in touch off-list.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Jeff

Jeff, I have unlocked Nokia 5610
(http://www.nokiausa.com/find-products/phones/nokia-5610-xpressmusic),
which I'm keeping as backup unit.

It was unlocked by T-Mobile, and I used it in Europe. It's quad-band,
so I should work anywhere.

I can give it to you to use it while abroad, and it will be nice if
you return it after that.

One drawback - the camera is not functioning.

Send me an email if interested.

Cheers,
--
Svetoslav Milenov (Sunny)

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.