On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 2:05 PM, Wayne Johnson <wdtj at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Yea, that would be a good way to describe it.  I develop network
> applications that run on different OS.  At one time I might be running a
> server on Centos, Active Directory on WS2k3, and a client on XP.  The AD
> machine I would just bring up and run in the background unless I need to
> make some user property changes, same with the server.
>
> Now, I just wish I could find an AIX/PowerPC and Solaris/SPARC VM system.

I still don't understand your criticism of virtual box.  I use it to run
Ubuntu inside a VM and have no issues with "backgrounding", etc... both
within the VM and in terms of the VM playing nice with the rest of my XP
environment.  But I sense the issue is that I am not quite grasping a detail
of your operating model.

-Rob