I am just wondering how many people work a full time job working on just
Linux? I see many job postings out there for Windows Admins ..etc with
experience in Linux (1/90th of the job role). Over the last few years I have
been dreaming of the day I can do it full time. I don't see many job
postings out there for these types of positions.

 What is the best way to break into some of these roles? Do you pick a disto
like Red Hat or SUSE and get certified in them, or do you start to
implementing open source solutions like request tracker, sugar crm..etc
running on a Linux system and build your experience that way? Can you get a
Linux Admin role by just passing the LPI exam?

I would love to hear your comments and thoughts.

Eric