I think if an individual wants to take the risk of printing t-shirts
(putting out his own cash), spend the time, and find a price that the
market accepts, and sell the shirts, he should be able to reap
whatever gains come from it.

If you were to do the math, you'd probably find that he'd end up
making less than minimum wage for his time.

-Erik