Daniel Taylor wrote:
> Yeah, I asked specifically about infrastructure wireless for cheaper
> deployment to remote areas, and Sen. Klobuchar just lumped it in with
> the rest of the questions "about wireless" which the guy who answered it
> obviously took for end-user wireless.
>
> Bleh. She's smart, but she obviously needs better tech advisors (or
> needed to let her tech advisor filter the questions instead of doing so
> herself...)

Dan:  Glad you asked.  They need to be asked questions they know the
answer to.  Next stop is workaround for Wimax.  I know from personal
experience, I can build a coat hanger antenna that will receive line of
site digital signals from tv up to 80 miles away.  The corporations have
locked up Wimax technology pretty tight.  Eben Moglen has made the call
to package DNS in a box.  What's missing is the device that
receives/transmits white spaces frequencies.  At that point, by my
reckoning, we blow the corporations out of the water with pirate
networks statewide.  I think we're close to the next big breakthrough in
saving our Internet.  I can't help but hope there's a way to have Wimax
look a lot like an Asterisk PBX setup.  That would be cool.
Tom