Hoping to gain some sage insight from the *nix collective here...

I am not a programmer, yet, so sometimes I see a project and its
*just* outside my programming skillset.

My problem:  The company I work for has multiple contributors to a
PowerPoint file which is then displayed on several informational
monitors.  Since several people are periodically modifying the same
file, it can occasionally get messed up.  I know, not the greatest
plan, but there are several corrections that this environment needs,
and I am a new employee - so I am trying to clean up what I can.

My thought was to break up the contributors to their own directories,
and use a cron job to merge all the ppt files together.  An
administrator could kick it off manually.

I found an application that works, but its a desktop .HTA application
with javascript, and I do not have the skills to convert it to
command-line...and it just seems like its *just* beyond my skills to
figure it out alone.

I am hoping someone from this group might be able to show me the light
on making this work from a command-line.  We have Linux, Unix and
windows - but typically it runs on XP boxes.  I would like to get it
working on the existing platform, with insight on converting it to
*nix in time.

I am not a MS fan, but being one of the lowest rungs on the ladder and
not exactly a *nix aficionado has me at a disadvantage for linux
conversions here.

If there is a better solution - I am all ears and relish the wealth of
knowledge this group has.

The application can be downloaded from:  PowerPoint Join

http://powerpointjoin.googlecode.com/files/pptjoin-0.2.zip

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!