Ok, this is a weird one. For me anyway.

One of my servers does this weird thing where the first time you try to
login to it after a reboot it takes for friggin EVER. You type in a name
and password and then it sits there for EVER.

This is normally not a huge problem since I use ssh with public keys to
login around my own network and THAT is instant. However, if I then try to
sudo, it takes FOREVER.

Nothing in the logs, nothing on console. It's an Ubuntu server, currently
10.04, but it did this with previous versions too. Several of my other
machines are also Ubuntu 10.04 server and they do not have this problem.

I've seen these kind of delays to logging in happen when there's slow
reverse DNS, but not minutes-long delays. Also there's no reverse DNS
delay to any machines from my network. Also that DEFINITELY shouldn't
affect logging in on the console.

Anyone have any ideas?

-Yaron