On 8/24/2010 4:34 PM, Florin Iucha wrote:
>> faster than sshfs but without sacrificing security?
> NFSv4 over VPN.
>
> Cheers,
> florin

NFSv3 over VPN. Kerberos (With NFSv4 GSS-API) is only is an network encrypted
authentication protocol. Sure the evil doer will not be able to sniff your secret key, but
your data (Over NFSv4) is still being transmitted over the wire in plain text. It is and
never will be NFSs job to encrypt your data over the wire.

Use a properly configured VPN (OpenVPN is wonderful) and use NFSv3, or any other fast
network file system implantation.

Also, in my experience, compression destroys file transfer rates over OpenSSH (on my LAN).