From: tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org
[mailto:tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org] On Behalf Of Mike Miller
Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2010 2:05 PM
To: TCLUG Mailing List
Subject: Re: [tclug-list] Linux and on topic

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010, Erik Mitchell wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 1:13 PM, Mike Miller <mbmiller+l at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, 25 Aug 2010, Erik Mitchell wrote:
>>
>>> Ok, I feel a little guilty now. I didn't mean to start a
>>> discussion/flamewar about Vi/Emacs... I figured this would be taken as
>>> humor (it was intended as such) as it's the quintessential *nix
>>> flamewar. I don't think we need to rehash the debate here and now, in
>>> 2010.
>>>
>>> So for anyone who is annoyed that I brought this up, I apologize.
>>

>> You should think a little harder next time about whether people really
>> want to read all of your crap.  I mean, this could go on, and on, and
>> on. We might have days, and days, and days of this silly twaddle, all
>> because of you.  It's all your fault -- it's all on you.
>
> Sarcasm detected. Levity established.

I was hoping you'd get it.  What could be more ironic than me, the great
e-mail violator, the blackest pot, calling your kettle black?

I only replied to the vi/emacs bait because I thought it was funny.

These days I'm thinking about encouraging my son to use emacs.  Emacs is a
little challenging, though, and I don't want to scare him away from Linux
life, which is going really well right now (even though he *can* boot to
Win7, he probably won't do it much).

Mike