Don't get me wrong, people want to do good work- hence that is way I
said not all motivation would cease to exist. It is human nature to want
to work, I agree with that entirely. I work very hard for excessively
low pay and work my tail off at my job here in America because I like it
and it is rewarding and for the greater good of society (really don't do
it primarily for the pay, otherwise I'd be very unsatisfied).

There will always be exceptions to the rules of course- people who work
way more or way less hours. China does very well economically, but most
people outside of China don't want to work 12 hour days making low pay.
There are still small tribes in Africa that have no clue what a car,
computer, or bike is- yet they are still doing well with their hunting
and gathering economy. Throw in the advances from America, China, and
other countries with citizens who chase the all mighty carrot and you
will have the intelligent MD who used innovation from outside the tribe
succeed instead of the medicine man crushing leaves and providing only
sometimes helpful treatment. Point is people work, but much more is
accomplished when you stick a carrot in front of someone.

If you want happiness and a sense of worth by working in a job you
actually want and paying high taxes for the greater good, there is a
country for you. If you want to work you tail off in hopes of making
lots of money and helping the nation strive economically while being
somewhat content or even sad, there is a country for you. It is all
about how you define what you want and what you think other ought to
want- no system is perfect unless you solely look at "happines" or
"innovative economy" by themselves.