On Tue, 24 Aug 2010, J.A. Simmons V wrote:

> Bill Gates in not so "good" that he deserves to have all that money.
> Gates used his mind to start a company, his resources to build that
> company, and then used his mind to drive that company to success. Do you
> think that you can do what Bill did? Why don't you? Do you think you
> could make a company as big as EDS (before HP bought it). Ross Perot
> started EDS with an idea and $1000. Microsoft has similar humble
> beginnings. Do you have a $1000? How about $5000? Do you think you could
> save up for a year and get the needed current dollar equivalent? If you
> also have an idea,then you to can be rich, and do what ever you want
> with your money at that point. (Which Bill is currently giving away tons
> of cash for charity work voluntarily. Is he still bad?)

OK, I changed my mind.  Bill Gates is really good and he should have $60
billion, and he's giving it all away to save the starving children.  How
could I ever have doubted his pure goodness?

I came up with another way to get enough people together so that they can
compete with Bill Gates' wealth:  We have about 5.3 million people in
Minnesota.  Let's say there are 3.5 people in the average Minnesota
family.  Then we can have every family in the state save $4,000 per year,
every year for 10 years.  Then we put all of our money together and we'll
have about $60 billion.  It just shows you that if 5.3 million people work
really hard for a decade, they can amass as much wealth as one super-rich,
super-good (how could I have questioned him?!) man whose great mind has
made him deserving of his power.

Mike