On 08/19/2010 06:24 PM, J.A. Simmons V wrote:
> We first will have to fix a few of your initial assumptions.
>
> The construct is not all knowning, does make mistakes but can be self
> correcting. It cannot be smarter then anything since it is not an actual
> entity capable of thinking. I will agree that it can't be smelled,
> touched, or heard, but neither can the concept of numbers. There are
> those that have trust and those that do not have trust in the
> construct. I will agree that it can start wars, just like it can spark
> exploration, drive the founding of a new colony that will then become
> the seed for a great superpower. More over, I will add that this
> concept is the closest thing to freedom that any known economic system
> can provide.

While your presentation is true, so is Robert's. Many people have faith
in "The Free Market" at the level of religious fervor. The ideal of a
free market held up by these people is quite mythical, having never
existed and having no proof that it ever could exist beyond the most
trivial case.

On the other hand, well regulated markets have been proven to be better
at asset allocation than any centrally managed economy to date, simply
because the failings of human nature tend to cause more problems the
more concentrated any sort of power becomes.