On Thu, 19 Aug 2010, r j wrote:

> I am saying television is worthless. It has been years sense I have
> owned a television.

Are you saying that you don't like television?  It isn't an objective
statement about the value of television because we know that millions of
people pay tens of dollars per month for cable and satellite feeds to
their televisions.  If television were worthless, they would pay nothing
and they wouldn't even have televisions.

Does this mean that you are crazy, wasting my time with a lot of complete
b.s.?  Probably.  I should have a rule never to argue with anonymous
people on the internet.

> I have not had a telephone line for longer than that. I would say the
> telephone is long dead as well.

I don't know what you mean.  Telephone as on POTS, not cellular, is "long
dead"?  I got rid of mine in about 2003, but strangely, I just got back
into it because I'm sick and tired of my cell phone (Sprint) not working
in my house.  So now I'm using VoIP.  With Google Voice helping out, I
think I might drop the cell phone and save $75/mo.  I can still have a
handheld device that takes photos/videos, does WiFi, etc., all for
$0/month.

> With convergent technologies your cell phone is a computer and your
> phone call is wireless data. WiMAX Is in the Microwave range and your
> cell phone is a microwave transmitter.

I look forward to that, probably.  It will depend on how much I have to
pay.

Mike