Hi Harry,
You assert that all regulation is designed to restrict choices.  But, is
that really true?  Some regulation is designed to guarantee we have choices
because without choice "free markets" devolve into abusive monopolies.

I did ask for examples, but I wasn't clear enough.  I wanted examples
related to the topic of Net Neutrality that backed your position of
reticence with respect to endorsing regulation enforcing net neutrality.

*your reaction, for instance, was too quick to take the time to give
examples or demonstrate any in-depth knowledge of the issue, which is
exactly what you criticized me for -- rather than thinking it through.*

I did criticize you, but here's the deal.  You expressed an opinion and
position first, but it was practically content-free.  You framed your
position with generalizations, not facts or chains of logic based on the
issue of net neutrality at all.  You were went straight to "free
marketeering/anti-regulation" and didn't even suggest as to why that is
relevant.  I wasn't flaming your position, I was challenging you to give me
something other than rhetoric to consider and think about in the context of
Net Neutrality.  I'm still waiting.  Give me more to think about and
consider and I'll think about it.

If you're just afraid of big-government/regulation on principle - nothing
less and nothing more - okay then.  I get it.

My understanding of Net Neutrality is that it preserves the separation of
concerns between bandwidth providers and content providers.  It means
everyone's traffic between the content provider and my box is treated
fairly, and that the service I'm consuming is not trumped by traffic from
content providers with cozy deals with my bandwidth provider that I may not
even be aware of.  It also means that my bandwidth provider can't
de-prioritize traffic from a competitor to one of their own services and
force me to be vendor locked.  That is to say - net neutrality preserves
choice by preventing the people in control of distribution from deciding for
me what my choices are going to be.

Which is to say, I really don't understand the free-market/anti-regulation
objection to net-neutrality.  Bandwidth is a commodity.  Bandwidth providers
are utilities.  What is the basis of your objection to net-neutrality other
than general paranoia and/or dogma?  That is what I was looking for (and
expecting) from your first post. :)

-Rob