I don't think you should show up to argue against federal regulation
unless you know what that regulation will be.  There is a lot of b.s.
floating around the web and on Fox News about how horrible government is,
and if only we could destroy it, then we'd all be free.  This is baseless
rubbish being promoted by powerful people who want to be more powerful.

If you don't want police, fire departments, roads, public schools, state
universities, a postal service, or a military, then you don't want a
government.  As you said, without our federal government you wouldn't have
an internet.  So I don't think it's wise to simply presume that whatever
the government might do will be bad.  It can go either way and you just
have to know what a policy is before you oppose it.

If someone wants to discuss specific policies that are being considered
and the probably consequences of adopting those policies, I'd be very
interested to learn more about it.  One thing I wouldn't want is for ISPs
to reduce user access to certain sites at certain times, etc., forcing
content providers to pay for access to users.  We know that the market
doesn't always take care of such problems by providing us with what we
want for some higher price.

Mike