While I don't know specifically what case (re Comcast) you're
referring to, I agree with your position on the overall issue.

My point is that we need to be careful when asking for government
intervention (and I was agreeing with Harry on that point). We might
ask for neutral provision of access to be mandated by law, and find
that the regulation makes it illegal to prioritize video or VOIP
packets, for example. That would be a bad unintended consequence.

It's important for people who understand the issue well to remind
everyone else what it's about -- as you've done here (as in your last
sentence about channels). It's also important for us to be careful
when calling for government regulations, because we may find ourselves
worse off after the fact.

-Erik

--
Erik K. Mitchell -- Web Developer