At the risk of flames:  the Internet as we know it has flourished in
large part because its original sponsor, the federal government, has
mostly left it alone.  Why do we think adding government regulations
to it will make it better (or preserve the freedom we enjoy on it)?
Generally speaking, doesn't regulation take away freedom rather than
increasing it, by definition?  I'm no futurist but it seems to me that
putting restrictions on the big guys is likely to affect us little
guys in some unforeseen but unpleasant way.

Sorry if the above sounds trollish but I just think we should be
careful what we ask  for.  With companies you can usually vote with
your feet to try to change or avoid their bad behavior, but
regulations are usually universal and forever...  And the regs will
surely by written by people not nearly as close to or as thoughtful
about the problem as we tclug'ers...

Seems to me we ought to show up and tell the FCC to keep their paws off us.

-Harry