On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 6:06 AM, Justin Krejci <jus at krytosvirus.com> wrote:

> Flip side to the buy fast/powerful is that if you don't truly need the
> absolute full speed and capabilities then get a cheaper model and when it
> dies out due to wear and tear or it becomes too slow for the work in a
> couple of years then get another one of the same price range which will be a
> lot more powerful then the one you buy today. Then you can keep an extra few
> bucks in your pocket or use for something else.  Just food for thought and
> not necessarily an endorsement of this line of reasoning.

The reason I personally don't do that is to forestall the migration-tax.
That is to say, to delay incurring the overhead of moving data,
re-installing app, transferring licenses if necessary, recreating my
development environment, etc...   In short, set me = lazy. :)  I'm not
disagreeing here - just explaining part of my motivations.

-Rob