<http://www.rethinkrecycling.com/residents/throw-buy/materials-name/electronics-tvs-computers>

This lists all the recycling operations in the metro area.
I used the Washington County site because it was free for any metro area
residents.
They ask for identification and note your name & address then charge it
back to Ramsey County.
I think that is what I like best about the program. It has been over a
year since I was there.
Based on the email from Jima, I have to assume it is still free for
electronics.

Asset Recovery Corp was one of the places listed. I think I was told
they charge for monitors but give a credit for PC cards.
(The PC cards may have gold or other precious metals that can be separated.)

<http://www.co.ramsey.mn.us/ph/hw/household_hazardous_waste_collection_sites.htm>

This is from the Ramsey County recycling web site and lists the sites
and places inside the county.
Again, I didn't see any answer to the cost question. The site says call
and ask first.
That is why I went to Washington County......
They were a little unsure about some of the stuff I brought
(oscilliscope chassis, card cages, rack mount stuff) and asked if it was
household waste.
I just said it was scrap from MY household.....

Doug.