On 4/7/2010 8:29 PM, Jeremy Olexa wrote:
> If you have that in hosts.allow, then you need "vsftpd: *" in
> hosts.deny. Did you try that? Though, I question why you need a ftp
> server running when you have ssh access (scp/sftp). :)

I have that line in hosts.deny. For some reason I didn't have "in
hosts.deny" at the end of that sentence.
As for vsftpd, it's much easier to transfer large binary files with an
FTP client than through a shell, and the other people using the server
need to transfer files and I don't want them to have shell access.