Hi there,

On Sun, 4 Apr 2010, Raymond Norton wrote:

> I am starting over from scratch, installing Ubuntu 9.10 now. Has anyone
> had complete success with lirc on this distro and would be willing to
> share the steps taken to get it working?

I've had lirc running on several recent Ubuntus. I have it running on 9.10
on a Mac Mini right now, reading multiple Apple remotes hacked into one
Harmony remote.

I'm pretty sure I was able to just apt-get the thing this time, but in
previous iterations, when I had a home-made serial port IR receiver, I had
to build it from source.

What kind of remote are you using? Something standard or some weird thing?

-Yaron