On Fri, 25 Sep 2009, Andrew S. Zbikowski wrote:

> Not that GMail doesn't handle this elegantly, but wasn't the ability to
> opt out of announcements the point of having two lists in the first
> place?

On most lists I've been on that have a separate announcments list, the
point of having two lists has been to allow people to choose to receive
only announcements and opt out of the much higher-volume list.  I think it
is usually a good plan to have the non-announcement list subscribed to the
announcements list.  That way everything that goes to announcments goes to
both lists, but only one message is sent and we don't cc to the other
list.

Mike