This months PenguinsUnbound.com meeting will be
Saturday September 26th at TIES,
1667 Snelling Ave. N., St. Paul, MN 55108
from 10:00 am to 12:00pm
(See the web site http://www.penguinsunbound.com for directions and more
info.)

At this month the Penguins Unbound Meeting I will be talking about
Lightweight Directory Authentication Protocol (LDAP).

What is LDAP ? What can it be used fore ?

LDAP can be used as a central User Credential database.  That will allow
you to connect different services, like Routers, Email Servers, Unix
Servers, Firewalls, Webpages (apache) and more to the Central LDAP
server then you can have all your password (credentials) managed by this
LDAP server.  Giving you the ability to use the same password
(credentials) across these different services, and allow you to change
the password in one location and have it changed across all these
services at once.
(LDAP is the bases for both Microsoft's Active Directory, and for
Novells Enterprise users management tools).

I will discuss what it is, what it does, and its history.  Then we will
take a look at OpenLDAP and how to configure and connect to it and some
tools to manage it.

Thanks.

Hope to see you there.

==>brian.