I'm having painfully slow transfers from my FreeBSD 6.3 ia64 running
Samba 3.3 to Vista (between 1KiBps to 15KiBps) and also to Windows 7
(50KiBps to 250 KiBps) and I've tried all the windows corrections up
and down the board to no avail. I've finally given up on fixing
Windows, so it must be my Samba installation.

I'm fairly certain I have not forgotten anything from the file except
4 fileshares that are unrelated to the issue. Archive is a 6.4TB RAID5
(7x1TB drives) that runs blazingly fast in local as well as internet
traffic.

All components (Windows 7, Vista and FreeBSD) are connected through an
Airport Extreme, but this slowness was experienced even on a basic
10/100 switch so it is not solely a problem with the Airport. Also
direct connection did not work and Firewire support was dropped in
Vista so there was no alternate "ethernet" option available to me.
File transfers from my MacBook Pro perform as expected, with speeds
ranging from 5MB/sec to 30MB/sec depending on the connect type.

Any and all advice would be most appreciative.

TIA,
Ryan

smb.conf:
[global]