On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 04:43:44PM -0500, Chuck Cole wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 12:52 PM, Brian Dolan-Goecke
> > <goeko at goecke-dolan.com> wrote:
> > > I have always found the meeting *VERY* useful.  And was very
> > > disappointed to see the TCLug stop having regular meeting.  And had for
> > > years tried to find a somewhere to have a meeting.  Now I personally am
> > > not a fan of meeting at the U of M, and I don't like to meet week
> > > nights.  So with those constraints I felt it was easier to start my own
> > > group, and chose to no go through the TCLug.  So that is how Penguins
> > > Unbound came about.
> >
> > I'm a little bit confused by this.  Given that "TCLUG" isn't really a
> > formal entity and just the collection of its members, why is Penguins
> > Unbound billed as a separate group if it's intended to basically just
> > be LUG meetings at a time that works for you?  As I understand it,
> > there isn't any process to "go through the TCLug" to organize things
> > for - someone just decides to do something and runs with it.  Perhaps
> > you could elaborate a little more on the separate PU branding?
> >
> It's a polite formality... perhaps just diplomacy. Some in TCLUG
> are/were somewhat possessive and may not understand that TCLUG really
> isn't any more than a list and web site.

Make that just a list.  Nobody seems to update the TCLUG site anymore.

I see that from the http://stats.real-time.com/www.mn-linux.org/ that
some processes actually fetch files from the web site, but it's
probably just robots looking to index it or inject some SPAM.

Cheers,
florin

--
Bruce Schneier expects the Spanish Inquisition.
      http://geekz.co.uk/schneierfacts/fact/163