Originally, I was going to implement a vlan for this project, but there
are devices in the path that I do not have access to.

I need to create a vpn between two boxes, preferably two mikro-tik
boxes, using openvpn, but I am open to other solutions. The purpose of
the vpn is to connect a video codec at a remote LAN to a port based vlan
on our WAN. The remote end needs to be on the same public subnet as the
other video codecs on our WAN.

The physical layout is as follows:

Codec in remote building of school district > 2 switches > cisco 3600
router > fiber between buildings > cisco 2600 router > switch > WAN
switch with port based vlan.

Logically, I need to accomplish the following:

Remote codec with public IP > WAN switch port on video vlan, with public
IP on the same subnet as remote codec. Nating is fine, as long as the
devices can ping each other without routing.

I need to verify this can be done, and be pointed in the right direction
  of some good docs on how to accomplish this.

Raymond