I have some "little" Altec, Polk, and Boston Acoustics also for the same reason.  I occasionally find good ones at thrifts.

> > Bluetooth seems to require that I fiddle, restart, etc, (especially when
> > there are multiple units active) and an adapter costs more.
>
> Sure, but I'm asking about the keyboard, not about the audio out.

IR and RF wireless things exist.  I think the "Blue ones" use a limited part of the spec and may not need the fiddling that my high
end stereo link does.  My need for fiddling may be only be the fault of a battery save feature in the stereo headphones.  Battery
recharging might be a nuisance, but my IR keyboard goes over a year on throw-away AA cells.

I'd consider wire first, and wireless only if wire is a big problem...   or wire thru the wall to a USB adapter and use a keyboard
and mouse that have separate USB receiver(s).  Some of those have a docking feature for recharge.    I don't know these product
families very well, however.

Happy hunting!

Chuck