Hi Robert,

Yep, we are definitely based on the Portland model. And we will be accepting
everything in the future -- but there is concern that since we are renting
about 450 sq ft, until we get on our feet financially, we won't have space
for everything or the cash to hand the parts we can't use off to a socially
responsible recycler. Portland's Free Geek is a huge full city-block
facility, and they do much of the processing on-site.

Also, to offset the fees from recyclers, we will be asking for a small
donation to take monitors. We'd like to say everything will get used and
find a home, but that isn't always the case, and we want to make sure our
downstream is as responsible as possible.

Hope that helps - I'm checking with folks, but I'm pretty sure we'll take
any computer parts.

Thanks for your interest!
Amanda

PS - There is an education program in Edina that we may partner with called
The Works that accepts other electronics:

http://www.theworks.org/fb/support/inkind_gifts.html