I was able to get postfix working again, and it is delivering mail fine
now. It wouldn't deliver the old messages that were in the hold queue
though, so I opened the messages up with a text editor to glean any
important info before deleting them.

I believe things are working fine now, but can't explain what went wrong
in the first place.