On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 3:45 PM, Mike Miller <mbmiller+l at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Oct 2009, Thomas Lunde wrote:

> I used to sometimes order things from whoever had the best price.  What I
> found was that many of these obscure places would promise to ship by a
> certain date, then they wouldn't come through, then they'd say that they
> don't have any in stock, then they'd admit that they never will have the
> item in stock.  On at least one occasion they shipped the wrong product
> and I had to return it.  None of them took my money, but they wasted a lot
> of my time.  I prefer newegg.com.

I did this once.  Bought a pair of motherboards from an online outfit
I found on pricewatch.  After a month of no motherboards, no response.
 Three months later, the charge showed up on my CC.  Took me five
minutes to find the official complaint from the BBB, and arguing the
charge with VISA was no hassle.  Provide decent evidence and they
reverse the charges without too much effort.

Lesson learned, if I haven't heard of them, I don't buy from them.

Brian