Source is necessary to explicitly show the data transfers are as you claim.

Citations of products which clearly designate compliance with clearly designated API specs is also necessary to show that your
assumptions and some of your hacking discoveries have actual engineering reality.

> Here is the ioctl to set a frequency:
>
> http://www.linuxtv.org/downloads/video4linux/API/V4L2_API/spec-single/v4l2.html#vidioc-g-frequency
>
> Here is the structure you pass to it:
>
> http://www.linuxtv.org/downloads/video4linux/API/V4L2_API/spec-single/v4l2.html#v4l2-frequency
>
> "
> 1.6.3. Radio Frequency
>
> To get and set the tuner or modulator radio frequency applications use
> the VIDIOC_G_FREQUENCY and VIDIOC_S_FREQUENCY ioctl which both take a
> pointer to a struct v4l2_frequency. These ioctls are used for TV and
> radio devices alike. Drivers must support both ioctls when the tuner or
> modulator ioctls are supported, or when the device is a radio device.
> "
>
> Video standards, and how to set them if the tuner card supports more
> than one, and isn't currently on the one you need:
>
> http://www.linuxtv.org/downloads/video4linux/API/V4L2_API/spec-single/v4l2.html#standard

Good data, but far from the essentials of the original topic.

> I challenge you to actually educate yourself instead of trolling a
> mailing list about something you obviously have no knowledge of.

I'm already well-enough educated to be a graduate school EE advisor, a technical manager, and I have hardware design patents.  I
asked well-qualified basic stuff about block diagram info which was erroneous and/or missing.  You dove into a swamp of minutia
without ever recognizing the validity of the basic clarification needed.  Your minutia is good.  I don't feel a need to learn all
the minutia unless or until I have a need for it, then I'll just hire someone to follow an explicit statement of work unless it
becomes a hobby interest... which is unlikely.  There is no requirement that our areas of expertise be the same or cover the same
levels since we're not even in the same industries.  Does that need further explanation?

Chuck