That has already been disproved several times in this thread.  Certainly some know, but several do not.

> No. The drivers nor the hardware have any idea what 'channel 4' is. If
> you use DScaler (a free windows TV tuner card application) you'll notice
> that it too is using specific frequencies (not channel names) with the
> same drivers. Just because you're not having to type in the frequency
> doesn't mean the software isn't doing it for you.

Didn't say the data had no existence, only that my drivers emulate TV remotes which have channel buttons (or equiv) at user
interface levels.  The lower level software for mine is closed proprietary stuff one cannot see into.  Which TV PCI and USB TV
tuners have fully open source that shows this?

> > Didin't ask your opinion of that.  He mentioned very low kilohertz for some reason when the much higher megahertz range
> seemed more
> > relevant.  Yu could try reading the context and threads of this before pontificating.
>
> I read the entire thread multiple times, he said "channel 13 is 211.25
> mHz, or 211250 kHz" that is absolutely correct for "Standard" cable and
> Broadcast NTSC. It's not "very low" and it's the exact same frequency no
> matter if he specified it in terahertz or hertz.

He said that after you posted the table, but was speaking of lower frequencies at first when that issue entered the thread.  You are
out of sequence in your capture and compaint.

> You do realize that 211.25MHz is the same as 211,250 KHz, which is the
> same as 211,250,000 Hz right?

They are not: the extra decimals should express actual precision of measurement, so fewer digits may indicate different actual
numbers when the same precision of measurement is applied.  You did know that, didn't you?   :-)

> > Not ignorant, it's 100% accurate for what VLC itself does, and THAT was the question.
>
> It is not a "digital data format issue" and there is no "pseudo-code".
> The frequency *is* the issue as he was trying to tune into a specific
> channel and needed to know which frequency to configure VLC to tune.

That was all HE asked about.  Any more is your inference and assumption.

> I suspect I've done a great deal more work with TV tuner cards, drivers,
> and the software that users actually see than you have. If you're going
> to try to be pedantic about something on a public mailing list, try
> choosing something you can speak intelligently about.

Speak for yourself.  Heed your own advice and learn to read better.  You did not identify and confirm the correct block diagram and
interface for THIS question before pontificating about quasi-relevant low-level bits.  Identify the open source tuner driver
interfaces that show this and require frequency domain setup and do not allow or use normal TV set channelizations.  Show your info
is mabe as much as half-vast   :-)

Chuck