On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 02:28:31PM -0500, Chuck Cole wrote:
> That is clear in the link I originally quoted, since it's identified as a capable of playing OGG, MP3, etc, and those digital data
> files may contain such data.  However, display of data and demodulation of frequencies are not the same sorts of things.  Knowing
> channel numbers and frequencies doesn't seem to have any intrinsic interface relevance to VLC even if such data can be displayed
> from the digital data formats.

Chuck,

VLC can play data coming from the file system, from the network, or
acquired from a TV or Radio Tuner.  For the latter, it can use a
device tuned by an external program, or allows you to tune it by
entering a desired frequency.  The original poster was asking
(maybe too briefly) what frequencies correspond to certain channels so
he can tune is RF receiver to those channels.

Cheers,
florin

--
Bruce Schneier expects the Spanish Inquisition.
      http://geekz.co.uk/schneierfacts/fact/163