I've got the 1000HE and I love it, works great and does everything I need.
But my question is: when did Linux become better with drivers and video than
everything else?

So I've got an HP all in one printer I wanted to print and scan from, plug
it into windows: game over, go get the >100MB driver from HP that fills your
system up with CRAP and makes it unstable.  1000HE running Ubuntu NBR: I've
setup your printer sir and you are fully ready to print.  Same thing keeps
happening to me so now I always use it to connect/scan/print anytime I run
into a new printer.  Same thing with monitors/peripherals/etc...

Whats the deal?  I kind of miss the old linux of having to go find obscure
apt sources or downloading random source code to compile and hope it works.
Kept it real, you know?

--j

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 1:59 AM, Mike Miller
<mbmiller+l at gmail.com<mbmiller%2Bl at gmail.com>