On Sat, 14 Nov 2009, TCLUG Classifieds wrote:

> New TCLUG Classified Ad
>
> Category: Computer
>
> Type of Ad:
>
> Subject: Sharp Zaurus SL C-3000
>
> Very gently used Sharp Zaurus SL C-3000 White Clam Shell Style PDA type
> computer. Haven't used it for a while and it may need new battery, I
> will include a compact flash wireless card. I don't remember the exact
> specs on this device, but you can research it for yourself quite easily.
> I can let it go for $250.00.

Compare specs here:

http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=2379

With what I just bought from Amazon.com for $398 including S/H:

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-1005HA-PU1X-BU-10-1-Inch-Blue-Netbook/dp/tech-data/B002DYIXMS/
http://www.amazon.com/Crucial-CT25664AC667-200-Pin-SODIMM-Laptop/dp/B000F7QRTG

Drop the extra gig of RAM and you're down to $357.

The Zaurus doesn't have WiFi or Bluetooth and the Asus has both.  The Asus
also has a camera and microphone and the Zaurus has neither.  The Asus has
a 160 GB HDD and the Zaurus has only 4 GB, the Asus screen is 1024x600
while the Zaurus is 640x480.  And so on.  The Zaurus is almost 5 years old
and used, and the Asus is new.

So should the Zaurus really sell for $250?

Mike