I hope you can use something here...

Hiren's Boot CD has several HDD utilities and you can create and run a
boot floppy too. Use it to create/delete partitions.Google "Hiren's Boot
CD" to download it.

SmartBootManager will allow you to boot from floppy. Then install any OS
from CD drive. It is included on Ubuntu installation CD's and
instructions are at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SmartBootManager

Use the instructions at
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/LowMemorySystems to
install anything from a minimal command line version, to a full blown
Ubuntu installation.

Good luck,

Robert