> Brian, Thanks for all of the work you did to create the very successful
> install fest.

rah!

and thanks to the folks who helped me try to install into my thinkpad.

unfortunately ntfsresize wouldn't complete.  i'll try again after the defrag
completes.

meanwhile perhaps i might take an interest in suggestions i've heard about
somehow installing linux within the existing ntfs.  i believe i have heard
mention of (a) creating a contiguous file that works like a partition, and
(b) linux files cohabitating in the windows filesystem.  pointers anyone?

ty,