On 5/29/09 11:56 AM, "Michael Moore" <stuporglue at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 11:34 AM, Dirk Munson <dirk at cloudmade.com> wrote:
>> Dear all-
>>
>> Pleased to announce a get-together this weekend for OpenStreetMap.
>> Feel free to bring your laptop and/or GPS.  We'll
>> also have a few GPS units to lend out.
>
> As a first time mapper, is there any particular software I should have
> on my laptop before I get there?

Nope, no software needed, we'll be uploading via the online API.  We can run
you through using it (easy, once you get the hang of it).

There are several other editors out there (online and offline), more info
here: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org

Please let me know how else I can help.

Cheers,

-Dirk

Dirk Munson || Community Ambassador || OpenStreetMap.org || 773.263.2688 ||
twitter: @themapguy