Dear all-

Pleased to announce a get-together this weekend for OpenStreetMap.  If
you're unfamiliar, OpenStreetMap is 'the Wikipedia of maps' a free open
source geo database of the entire world.  Our 120,000+ contributors use OSM
to find and share a variety of map features.  (hiking trails, biking trails,
POIs, and much more)  http://openstreetmap.org

We're starting to cultivate a community for OSM in Minnesota.  We're holding
one of our first Twin Cities events this Saturday (shortly after the
Penguins Unbound meeting).  It's at Overflow Espresso Café; 2929 University
Ave SE in Minneapolis, close to U of M.  All are welcomed, it's fun, it's
free, you can help.  The event page:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Twin_cities_mapping_party_may_2009

We'll be getting new and experienced mappers together for some discussion,
fun, and some mapping.  Feel free to bring your laptop and/or GPS.  We'll
also have a few GPS units to lend out.

No worries if you can't make it to this weekend's event, we hope this will
be the first of many get-togethers for OSM in the Twin Cities.  To say up to
date on our efforts, please join the MeetUp group:
http://www.meetup.com/Twin-Cities-OpenStreetMappers/

Please drop me a line if you have any questions or suggestions.

Best,

Dirk

Dirk Munson || Community Ambassador || OpenStreetMap.org || 773.263.2688 ||
twitter: @themapguy