I have openldap 2.4 installed. On a system I have that has Php5.1 I
tried to upgrade to 5.2, but I get an error message that I need two libs:

libldap-2.3.so.0 is needed by package php-ldap
liblber-2.3.so.0 is needed by package php-ldap

So I looked and found libldap-2.4.so.2.2.0, and liblber-2.4.so.2.2.0. Now I thought I could simply link them, but I still get the same error. I also found a compat-openldap rpm that provides these libs, yet trying to install that tells me it is already installed.

Should I just try to do a force install? What step could I have missed in this process?