Tom Poe wrote:
> Marc Skinner wrote:
> what type of computer? laptop/desktop?  recent or old hardware.  home
> built or name brand.
>
> i'm wondering if there is something the installer is hanging up on.
>
> i had an older laptop that i had to boot with the noacpi=off option on
> the linux boot line.  also might want to try noapm.
>
> is your bios up to date?  is your memory good.  i also had an installer
> freeze during install when i had a stick of bad memory.  might want to
> run a mem386 iso and test all your memory.
>
> just a couple of ideas.

> Marc:  Thanks.  I have a Dell desktop, Optiplex GX260, running FC9.
> I'll try the DVD on another computer, and see if it happens again.
> Wasn't sure whether the fc10 dvd took a long time at the beginning (like
> 15 minutes) to gather info on system.
> Tom

It shouldn't take that long.

I found this on the internet:

http://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=64684&forum=12

looks like the default intel video drivers in F10 are a bit flaky.  that
might explain the issue.  have you tried installing in text mode?

"linux text"

i would also grab the latest firmware/bios updates from Dells site.
they can sometimes work wonders.