This may be a longshot, but here goes...

I would *really* like to toss out my Tivo box, and replace it with MythTV -
but I cannot seen to get an installation to work, and I am now trying
MythDora 10.21.

Is there anyone else interested in doing this?  Or helping me get mine
going?
I honestly don't care what flavor it is (MythDora, MythBuntu, MythKnopp,
etc) or a raw install of OS and MythTV.  I chose MythDora because I wanted
a fun way of learning more about Linux, while making it functional (I have
been messing with Fedora for about a year now).

I moved here about 2 years ago, so my whole social network of friends I
would tap to hash this out over a few cold ones is back in Georgia, and all
of my coworkers here know little beyond the Microsoft product line....

So, there you have it: I need a linux mentor who can help me toward a
success in this.