I've had this happen with some Adobe Flash folders. The solution for me was
to boot into Knoppix (or some other Live CD) and remove the files that way.

The other option is, if there is enough free space and the folders aren't
on the OS partition, to create a new partition, move all the files to it
and remove the old one with the stuck files.