On Tue, 16 Jun 2009, Mike Miller wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Jun 2009, John Holmstadt wrote:
>
>> I also noticed mention in this thread about the seemingly non-standard
>> USB port on the Pre. At first I was flummoxed when I noticed this as
>> well, until I realized that the Pre is using the newer "Micro" USB
>> port, not the "Mini" USB that is found on most smartphones and smaller
>> USB peripherals today. Though I haven't tried it myself, I've read of
>> others that have HTC device chargers with the same MicroUSB port, and
>> they have successfully used them in conjunction with the Pre. I know
>> having to buy new adapters and cables is frustrating given how
>> prevalent the MiniUSB devices had become, but at least it is a standard
>> port and not actually proprietary, just currently rare.
>

> That's great news.  I had no idea.  Here's one seller (but I don't know
> anything about this seller):
>
> http://www.discountcell.com/cellular/p/trpre_F8Z273B06-ATT_5
>
> I just ordered four of those (my wife also has a Pre).

Here's what happened:  I placed the order on the 16th, they acknowledged
on the 17th, shipped on the 18th and I received on the 20th.  That was
with their $0.99 shippinng!

Shipping Status Qty Item Price Shipped 4 F8Z273B06-ATT - Micro USB Data
Cable F8Z273B06-ATT $23.80 Shipping & Handling (Super Saver) : $0.99 Tax
(MN) : $0.00 Total: $24.79

That was only $24.79 for four cables, and they worked great.

Mike