Why is "prevail" relevant?  Simply having a Palm OS smartphone with modern features is a sufficient niche as far as I'm concerned.
I don't want thumb keyboards or any Apple/Mac products.  My old Sprint 3G smartphone is primitive in some ways, but it does the job
I need, and I use the free 3G modem "loophole" for internet access often enough to care.

Does the Palm Pre still allow the free 3G modem loophole on the Sprint network?

Do iPhones and Blackberries provide free 3G modem service for laptops?

Chuck