On Tue, 9 Jun 2009, J Cruit wrote:

> Of course we all know that the new Blackberries, like my Bold, are much
> better than either one, and more secure by a long shot. =)

Tell us more about that.  I'm interested.  With the Pre, if you lose it,
you can connect to it remotely and wipe all the data off of it, or so they
claim.  That should help.  It can be locked to require a password, but I
haven't done that yet and don't know much about it.

The Pre worked for me because it uses Sprint and because it will run my
old Palm apps, and also it has lots of cool features.  Except for the
iPhone I haven't seen other things with such a cool interface, multitouch,
etc., but I really don't know squat when it comes down to it and would
love to hear about the Blackberry if you really think it is a great
device.  What can it do that the iPhone can't do?

In the so-called religious wars (e.g., emacs v. vi) I have noticed that
the proponents of a thing (program, OS, device, etc.) generally know a lot
about that thing but little about the opponent's thing.  I admit that I
don't know things, so any flames will generate at least as much light as
heat for me.  I'm always willing to learn more!

Mike