mike -

my comments were a bit tongue in cheek.  if you're running this
constantly you're typically much better off building out your own
compute infrastructure.  i would be remiss if i didn't point out that
there are a lot of folks doing this themselves and a host of folks in
this market segment.  if you don't have the need to run large
simulations on an ongoing basis, then utility compute resources like
EC2 are a great way to go and amazon is by no means the only game in
town on that, they've just made the process of setup and billing dead
easy.

--
steve ulrich (sulrich at botwerks.*)