On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 12:51 PM, Raymond Norton <admin at lctn.org> wrote:
> I am switching to a business Internet service with Mediacom.
> Unfortunately, they want to bond each public IP with a mac address. This
> is less than desirable, but I don't have anyone in the area that can
> provide a better solution with the bandwidth I need.
>
> I spoke with a few people about setting up a firewall with three
> external interfaces-one per IP. It seems that might work, but I am
> partial to my IPcop firewall.
>
> The addresses will all be assigned via DHCP. I'm wondering if I could
> just create aliases on the red interface of IPCOP, and set different
> hardware addresses per sub interface. I haven't got it to work yet, and
> assume I have something wrong in my syntax. Is there a way to create the
> three interfaces this way? Maybe there is a better way to do this???

In their forums it seems that this is not possible on IPCOP:

http://www.ipcops.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10294

I've used pfSense in a number of deployments and have been thrilled
with it.  Does Multi-WAN very well.  I haven't done multi-wan with
only one external interface; you probably need a NIC per IP.  I (and
probably most on this list) have fistfuls of spare 10/100 cards that
could be donated to your cause.

--
Donovan Niesen